Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. Janie and I are going to a cook-out later this afternoon with some great friends. Rain is in the forecast but we are hoping it will hold off. Through all the cook-outs, picnics, parties, and pool openings-let us remember the reason for today......to honor those in service who have given their lives, are currently serving, and those who have given us past service. I count my grandfather (Pop) among those. 

These wonderful men and women have given us the most precious gift of FREEDOM and I am forever grateful! Freedom of religion, speech, to be who I am, even the freedom to adopt my precious child. We have so many riches because of these brave individuals--let us never forget that!

No comments: