Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Last Day in Taitung

Today was our last full day in Taitung. We head back to Taipei tomorrow morning. Today our 2 main things on schedule were to:
1. Meet with the girls' birth mom again
2.Visit the hospital and nurses/social worker/doctors that cared for both Janie and Lexie

It was a great day. I think Janie has finally realized that Lexie is part of our family and not just a "visitor". We have still seen several jealousy moments but we have also begun to see her get really protective of Lexie....and still lots of sweet moments. Here are some from today:

1. For fun this morning we put Janie in Lexie's crib with her. They were playing and at some point Lexie got fussy so Janie gave her a pacifier.
2. I was in the bathroom giving Lexie a bath and she didn't like her hair being rinsed and was crying. Mom said when Janie heard her cry she took off running to the bathroom door to check on her.
3. This afternoon Janie woke up from a nap and Lexie was still napping she went over to her crib and said "baby" and looked at me and smiled.
4. Today when we visited the hospital one of the nurses was holding Lexie and Janie got a little upset and was reaching out for her. We had to tell her that she wasn't taking Lexie. She is ours.
5. Our hotel has a play area and I took Janie alone today to have some private time with mommy...several times she asked "baby?"

So sweet!!!!!!!!!! Melts my heart!!!!!!!

The meeting with the birth mom went extrememly well today. It was such a peaceful meeting-so much different than meeting with her last year for Janie's adoption. But that is all I will say on that. It is Janie and Lexie's story to tell...not mine. But it did go really well today. Lots of questions were asked and lots of answers given. I am so blessed to have met her, have pictures for my girls, and have answers to some future questions.

Tomorrow we head back to Taipei. Wish us luck as we attempt our first flight with 2 babies!!!
Take care! We love you!











By the way, Janie asked me to tell you that you will see lots of pictures with her sucking on her green pacifier. She is going crazy for it...at home I only allowed it in the crib. But brought it to Taiwan since I knew she needed something comforting. Well, let's just say she is EXTREMELY attached to it right now. I'm letting her have it, her world is turned upside down right now (new country, new sounds, new sights, new smells, new hours, and new family member). So, Janie asked me to tell you that she will work on giving it up when we get home.


Lexie asked me to tell you that she doesn't require a pacifier-her thumb works just fine!! 


5 comments:

JEff said...

AHHH!!! This is so exciting. I loved seeing Deana in the background on one of the pics. We've totally got to get our Taiwanese Angels together when y'all get home!

Kimberly said...

The best part of my morning is seeing your updated blog and new pictures of the girls. Lexie looks much more content and relaxed now. She is finally with her Mommy :) Janie seems to really take her role of big sister quite seriously. I love it! The picture of her near the crib when Lexie was asleep is priceless. Her expression is too cute for words.

Looking forward to your next entry!

Robin said...

The pictures of Laxie and Janie together just melt my heart. SO glad you had another great day with your girls. I look forward to your updates and pictures of your 2 sweeties each day.

Unknown said...

Hi Tonya,
I hate it so much that I missed your call today. I was taking Thomas to get his medicine. I am so glad Janie is excepting Lexie now. In time I knew it would happen with a little jealously.
I am so glad that your meeting with the birth mom went well.
The pictures are priceless, they are so sweet. I will be praying that you have a safe trip home.
Love Deb

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am lovin hearin all about it! LOVE all the pics, expecially the paci and thumb pics! :)

ENJOY your time :)

Blessings,
Tami