Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Learning all about each other...

So today was a little more interesting. I think Janie has realized that Lexie is here to stay and not just "visiting". A little more jealousy is starting to show :):)

But, to be honest it comes in stages and is really only bad when she is tired and wants to have mommy cuddle her. One moment she is holding hands with Lexie, giving Lexie a toy, or asking about Lexie...then the next she is taking things away from her while making an angry face. Like I said, when she is tired she really gets upset with Lexie. 

Lexie is a VERY busy baby!!! Even more so than Janie. She grabs at everything and touches everything--she is extremely curious and smart. Janie doesn't mind until she is tired, then she gets mad when Lexie is grabbing at her or her things...we have seen a few tantrums. But we have also seen moments of sweetness with kissing, hugging, and when Janie's favorite song came on her DVD she went to dance and took Lexie by the hand to dance with her (sigh.....)

Janie is also a lot fussier than normal right now. We went to lunch with some Hannah's Hope staff and it was a nightmare. Not the lunch and not the staff--but Janie. Usually she will eat and then play for a while before she begins her "yucky restaurant behavior" but not today...nope, she was in her "yucky restaurant behavior" from the moment we walked in. I really do think it is all for attention. She knows if she acts this way, I have to react. But, wait until we get home and she doesn't get the attention she wants from it...I'm guessing it will stop then. Again, it isn't all the time--just a few moments each day. 

I'm still glad we brought her...I cannot imagine being here without her. She has helped Lexie's transition. Lexie loves to watch her big sister and wants to do everything Janie is doing....so cute.

Big day tomorrow: We meet birth mom and go to the hospital to visit the nurses who cared for both Janie and Lexie!

I'm off to go watch my girls sleep a little more before I go to sleep. I love looking at them sleeping...

Take care everyone! We love and miss you!!






6 comments:

Robin said...

Your girls are so cute together. They look so much alike too. I am sure Janie is so tired from the travel, time change, site seeing and new sister. All that makes me tired just thinking about it:) Best wishes for tomorrow's meeting. Yo are so fortunate to get to ask more questions of the birthmother. There are so many more that I wished I had asked Lauren's birthmother that I thought of later ( months later).

Kimberly said...

Janie went from being an only child to a big sister in the blink of an eye. Once they're home they'll find their groove together, tantrums and all! :)

Good luck tomorrow, Tonya. God will surely be smiling down upon everyone as you meet the girls' birth mother once more. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Tonya, they are precious. I know you are having problems with Janie being jealous, but I knew that would happen. I think things are going to work out ok. Give it time. You are so lucky!

God be with you tomorrow! May things go just fine!

Love, Deb

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

again love hearing all about it!!! lovin pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It is so great to hear about the girls, so much like my girls too funny!! Such a normal family isn't it wonderful. I know by the time you read this you will be on your way to visit their birthmother we will all be thinking about you. What an awesome opportunity. Give the girls a big hug from all of us in Watkinsville

michelle said...

Those girls are just adorable. I think once you're home and able to settle into a routine, it will be easier for Janie to transition to being a big sister. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. I love seeing those beautiful girls.