Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I forgot

Life is so full of happiness and joy around here that March 12 came and went and I didn't even notice. March 12, 2008 was the day I received the referral of my Vietnamese daughter. As you know a few months later I lost the referral and then Sept. 1 the MOU expired and no more Vietnam referrals to the USA. Several dates with that failed adoption make me a little sad: March 12, the referral....June 24, losing the referral, and of course Sept. 22, her birthday. I often think about that precious little girl. I wonder if she is OK? I pray for her often. Although I never met her, held her, or heard her voice--I do consider her my daughter. I still talk about her occassionally and I call her Pheonix (that was going to be her middle name-it was the English translation of her Vietnamese name).

This year, March 12 came and I honestly didn't realize it. I feel bad for missing that date, but I am thankful that my life is so full right now that I didn't dwell on the loss.

I still have her picture in my living room and always plan to! Please join me in prayer that she is feeling God's love each day!

2 comments:

ditmas park said...

Hello Tonya,

congrats on your lovely (over the top cute) daughter.
can you email me and tell me how you went about adopting as a single mom from Taiwan?
thanks so much. (your vietnam story was heart breaking) but Janie is the best!
joan
adams@pierian.net

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wat an amazing gift you are giving er tat you pray for er! :) I know se is safe in te arms of God!
Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com