Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

New worries....

As most of you in adoption land already know, the DIA in Vietnam has stated that any family not receiving a referral by Sept. 1 will not be allowed to complete an adoption. They have also stated that they will stop accepting dossiers as of July 1.

How does that affect me and Janie? Well, Janie's paperwork is still be collected by her province and the DIA in Vietnam. I have been told that paperwork from her region can take as long as 4-7 months to be completed. The way I understand it, when this is complete Janie's referral will be "official". Right now, her case is only considered "preliminary". This scares me!!! If you do the math, 4-7 months puts me right at Sept. 1 and possibly later. Does that mean I won't be able to complete the adoption?? I don't know at this point. No definite answer has been given regarding what defines an "official" referral. This would definetly affect me and lots of other waiting families.

The DIA has said they would CONSIDER allowing the completion of adoptions from families with paperwork logged in by July 1. Please sign the below petition letting the DIA know you wish for this to happen! This would definetly cover Janie and so many other orphans in need of homes!

Grandfather All Dossiers Logged In by July 1st 2008"http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Grandfather_All_Dossiers?eI

It's free and takes less than a minute of your time

Keep up those prayers for Janie and all the waiting children in the world!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tonya!!

So, I'm glad to hear that everything is moving along, even if it is at a stand still for now, but I have complete confidence that it will all work out. And I saw the pictures of my adorable soon-to-be second? cousin (still get confused on family tree terminology). Either way, I hope all is well, and that you are feeling better (heard about the very painful sounding kidney stone)!

Hope to hear from you soon!
-§ean

jan said...

today, our agency (FHSA) sent an email asking us to complete the 1-600! the DIA took 7 weeks to process. our referral came 4/18 and i'm guessing our acceptance paperwork landed there around 5/1. i know every case if different, but i thought this might give you hope. the agency said they were mailing the 'official' referral and picture today. our story is at www.journeytome.com then 'phoebe. in Christ, jan