Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Perfectly described

OK....I admit I found this on another PAP's website--but it perfectly describes how I feel while waiting to bring my child home! It perfectly describes how it feels going thru an international adoption with all the waits, delays, and rumors.......




This beautiful beach above is my destination. I feel like I’ve been driving to this beach. It’s a fair distance from my house, on a twisting and mountainous road, with frequent delays in one spot because of traffic. That doesn’t really bother me, though, because I know that when I get to the beach it’s going to be sunny and 71 degrees with just a very light wind.




Suddenly, and without warning, I come upon a barricade preventing me from getting to my destination.

It seems there’s been a landslide from the development on the mountainside. I know they’re going to remove the debris from the landslide and fix the road eventually, but I don’t know when that will occur. Today? Tomorrow? In 30 more days? In 30 more working days? What’s a “working” day? I’m angry, frustrated and confused, wondering why didn’t the people responsible for this foresee this problem. Why isn’t someone doing something to fix this problem? Don’t I pay a bizillion dollars in taxes to have people to take care of this? Can’t additional resources be found to fix this?

All the while, traffic behind me is piling up. Car after car now waiting in line, the other drivers wanting to get to the beach, many of them honking their horns and yelling, making me want even more to get to the beach so I can experience the peace that I’ve been anticipating. Even more upsetting, periodically I see cars on the other side of the barricade, creating even more confusion. How in the world did they get there? Weren’t they behind me just a minute ago?

Out of all the frustration and confusion one simple thought comes through clearly.....
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, FIX THE FREAKIN’ ROAD, GUYS!!

No comments: